I leave town in exactly one month from today. I received an email from the P.C. regarding preferences for living with my host family. The email confirmed that I will for sure be at my staging event on the 23 of September in Philadelphia. One month from today is not all that much time. In fact, it feels like very little. The problem is, the more I check off my multiple to-do lists, the more I can think to add on to them. Along with still trying to make some moola at work, making the most of hanging out with friends and family, and fulfilling prior commitments, my one month fast approaching deadline to get stuff done includes some of the following:
-Get appropriate gear and clothes such as luggage, wool underwear and socks, a headlamp, a good kitchen knife and other various odds and ends (I have to remember I can only have two suitcases, and one carry on, but I also have to be able to haul it all over).
-Make my mother Power of Attorney on my bank accounts
-Set up a time to check out of my apartment. Also, pack, clean, and move out of my apartment.
-Make Travel arrangements to get to Philadelphia
-Close out contracts with my phone, satellite radio, Wells Fargo, and tie up loose ends regarding my student loans
-Change my address and contact information
-Get important documents ready for my parents in case anything should happen while I am gone
-Get life insurance and personal property insurance for traveling
-Upload my Nook with lots of books, take many pictures to have and to show my host family, update my Ipod, and if I can figure it out, burn some movies to my computer.
-Most importantly, Learn some of the language!!! The PC gives 23 lessons online of various key phrases to try and get a grasp on so you can at least say, "Hi, my name is Emily." to your host family. So far I have gotten, "Salam" (Hello) conquered. Eek!***
Also, I have already sent in an updated resume in specific PC format, written an 'aspiration statement' that gets sent to my host country, sent in an application for a passport and visa, and notified work and my apartment of my dates of termination.
Thankfully I take after my mother and am good at making lists...
***This list is not exhaustive
No comments:
Post a Comment