Some of the ruins and statues around Rome.
Just walking around, exploring the city, eating good food, and drinking out of the public water fountains.
This is the hotel my parents stayed at 33 years before when they came to Italy. They celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary in Rome.
The Colosseum
We went to the Borghese Museum and park. This was by far the most enjoyable site we saw in Rome (in my opinion). I loved the museum. It was the perfect size.
The Trevi fountain
A trip to the Vatican
We went to a nearby hill town, Orvieto, for the day. It had a beautiful church, little pottery stores, great wine, and a beautiful view of the countryside below. The church had a sacred cloth in it. I would try and describe more but I would probably butcher the explanation. The front of the church had the story of the Bible sculpted into it. It was amazing artwork.
No comments:
Post a Comment